Truffles are a simple, elegant way to end a meal and the mixture can be prepared days ahead of time.
- 300 gm dark chocolate (58% cocoa solids), coarsely chopped
- 200 ml pouring cream
- 1 tbsp orange-blossom water, or to taste
- 70 gm (½ cup) pistachio kernels, coarsely chopped
- 50 gm (½ cup) Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 1Combine chocolate and cream in a small saucepan, stir over low heat until melted and smooth (4-5 minutes), stir through orange-blossom water and 50gm pistachios. Pour into a shallow tray and refrigerate until firm (2-3 hours). Finely chop remaining pistachios.
- 2Using a dessert spoon dipped in hot water, scrape ganache into large curls, dust with cocoa, top with a pinch of finely chopped pistachio and serve. Truffles will keep refrigerated in an airtight container for 10 days.
Drink Suggestion: Small glass of young Rutherglen muscat and an espresso. Drink suggestion by Max Allen