- 400 gm kipfler potatoes, scrubbed and halved lengthways
- 3 Spanish onions
- 1 head of garlic, cloves separated
- 100 ml olive oil
- 1 dried chorizo, skin removed, finely chopped
- 100 gm coarse fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp coarsely chopped oregano
- 1 lemon, finely grated rind and juice only
- 1 egg
- 1 <b><a href='/recipes/recipe-search/masterclass/2008/7/boning-a-chicken/'>boned chicken</a></b>
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 125 ml (½ cup) chicken stock
- 1Preheat oven to 200C. Cook potatoes in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until par-cooked (7-8 minutes). Drain and set aside.
- 2Meanwhile, finely chop 1 onion and 1 garlic clove. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add chopped onion and garlic and cook until soft (4-5 minutes). Transfer to a bowl, add chorizo, breadcrumbs, oregano, lemon rind and egg, season generously to taste and, using your hands, combine well.
- 3Place boned chicken, skin-side down and with shortest side facing you, on a clean work surface. Spread over chorizo mixture, then roll away from you into a tight sausage shape. Secure at intervals with kitchen string, season to taste and set aside.
- 4Cut remaining onions into wedges and combine with reserved potatoes, remaining garlic cloves, vinegar and 2 tbsp olive oil in a small roasting pan. Pour over lemon juice and stock and season to taste. Place chicken on top, drizzle with remaining oil and roast until golden (40-45 minutes). Serve rolled chicken thickly sliced with pan vegetables and juices.