- 1½ tbsp vegetable oil
- 150 gm lap cheong sausage, thickly sliced
- 20 gm ginger, finely grated
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fermented black beans, coarsely mashed (see note)
- 1 kg clams (see note)
- 90 ml Shaoxing wine
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 400 gm fresh Hokkien noodles
- 1 bunch garlic chives, cut into rough 5cm pieces
- Roasted chilli oil (see note), to serve
- 1Heat oil in a wok over high heat, add sausage, ginger and garlic, and stir-fry until sausage is browned (1-2 minutes). Stir in fermented black beans, then add clams and stir to coat. Add wine and soy sauce, cover with a lid and cook, shaking wok occasionally, until clams open (3-4 minutes).
- 2Meanwhile, cook noodles in a saucepan of boiling salted water until just tender (2-3 minutes). Drain, then add to wok along with garlic chives. Stir-fry noodles, coating well with sauce, and serve hot with roasted chilli oil.
Fermented black beans and roasted chilli oil are available from Asian grocers. Clams are available to buy already purged of grit; otherwise soak clams in water for 20 minutes to remove sand.
Drink Suggestion: A bold young Beaujolais. Drink suggestion by Max Allen