- 150 gm (1 cup) plain flour
- 70 gm toasted rolled oats (see note)
- 130 gm brown sugar
- 25 gm (⅓ cup) dessicated coconut
- 150 gm butter, melted and cooled
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- Moist coconut flakes (optional), to scatter
- 1Preheat oven to 170°C. Grease 2-3 oven trays and line with baking paper. Combine dry ingredients in a bowl with ¼ tsp sea salt flakes. Add melted butter and golden syrup and stir to combine.
- 2Roll golf-ball-sized rounds of dough into balls and place 5cm-6cm apart on trays, then flatten slightly. Scatter with moist coconut flakes and bake until golden (14-18 minutes). Cool briefly on trays and serve warm or allow to cool completely on trays before serving. Remaining biscuits will keep in an airtight container for 2 days.
Toasted rolled oats are available from select supermarkets and delicatessens. If unavailable, spread rolled oats on an oven tray and bake in a 200°C oven, stirring occasionally, until golden (5-10 minutes). Cool before using.