This is the ultimate do-ahead, no-guilt sweet treat, full of tropical flavours and perfect for summer. We've opted for mango, but papaya, banana, passionfruit or pineapple would also make great partners. The tart will keep in the freezer for up to two weeks - just take it out about half an hour before you serve it.
- 200 gm macadamia nuts, soaked in cold water for 20 minutes, drained
- 250 ml coconut cream (1 cup)
- 60 gm coconut oil, melted
- 50 ml coconut syrup or honey, plus extra for drizzling (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla bean extract
- Finely grated rind of 1 lime, plus extra to serve
- 2 mangoes, thickly sliced
- Coconut flakes and lime wedges, to serve
- 160 gm fresh dates, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 120 gm coconut flakes
- 100 gm macadamia nuts
- 1 tbsp coconut cream
- 1For coconut base, process ingredients and a good pinch of sea salt flakes in a food processor to coarse crumbs, then press into the base of a 21cm-diameter springform cake tin and freeze while you make the filling.
- 2Process macadamia nuts and 2 tbsp coconut cream in a food processor until nuts are very finely chopped, scrape down sides, add another 2 tbsp coconut cream and process until very smooth. Add coconut oil, coconut syrup, vanilla, lime rind, remaining coconut cream and a pinch of sea salt, process until very smooth, then pour onto base, smooth top and freeze until firm (4-6 hours). Tart will keep frozen for up to 2 weeks; remove from freezer 30 minutes before serving.
- 3Remove tart from tin and top with sliced mango, and scatter with extra lime rind and coconut flakes. Cut into wedges with a hot, wet knife, drizzle with a little extra coconut syrup and serve with lime wedges.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Browse All RecipesArtichoke and salted ricotta tart with salsa verdeYesterday 10:00pm