- 350 ml espresso
- 110 gm (½ cup) demerara sugar
- 6 green cardamom pods, cracked
- 125 ml (½ cup) pouring cream
- 1 tbsp pure icing sugar, sifted
- 75 gm (½ cup) pistachio kernels
- 1Stir coffee, sugar, cardamom and 500ml water in a saucepan over medium heat until sugar dissolves, remove from heat, cool. Pour into a shallow tray, freeze until half frozen (1-1½ hours). Remove from freezer, break mixture into small ice flakes with a fork, then freeze again until just frozen (1-2 hours). Stir once more with a fork, breaking mixture into ice flakes.
- 2Whisk cream and icing sugar in a bowl until soft peaks form and refrigerate until required.
- 3Process pistachios in a food processor until finely ground. To serve, divide granita among chilled glasses, top with cream, scatter with ground pistachios and serve immediately.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Browse All RecipesArtichoke and salted ricotta tart with salsa verdeYesterday 10:00pm