- 200 gm mascarpone
- 100 ml thickened cream
- 1 tbsp pure icing sugar, sifted
- 50 gm dark chocolate (66%-73% cocoa solids), finely grated
- 750 ml freshly brewed coffee
- 55 gm (¼ cup) caster sugar
- 5 titanium-strength gelatine leaves, soaked in cold water for 5 minutes to soften
- 1For coffee jelly, heat coffee and 250ml water in a saucepan over medium heat, add sugar, stir to dissolve (1-2 minutes), then remove from heat. Squeeze excess water from gelatine leaves, add to coffee and stir to combine. Pour into 6 coffee cups or small glasses and refrigerate until set (4-6 hours).
- 2Whisk mascarpone, cream and icing sugar in a large bowl until soft peaks form.
- 3To serve, top coffee jellies with mascarpone cream and dust with chocolate.
Note Allow six hours for the coffee jelly to set.