- 1/3 cabbage (about 500gm), shredded
- 2 purple carrots, cut into julienne
- 2 golden shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 cup each (loosely packed) dill sprigs and flat-leaf parsley, coarsely torn
- 125 ml buttermilk (½ cup)
- 75 gm mayonnaise (¼ cup)
- 80 gm smoked almonds, coarsely chopped (½ cup)
- 1Combine cabbage, carrot and shallot in a large bowl, season to taste and toss to combine. Add herbs, buttermilk, mayonnaise and three-quarters of the almonds and toss to combine. Serve scattered with remaining almonds.