- 2 boneless veal ribs (about 250gm each), pounded to 4mm thick
- For dusting: seasoned plain flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 200 gm seasoned fine fresh breadcrumbs
- 120 ml olive oil
- 60 gm butter, coarsely chopped
- 12 sage leaves
- To serve: lemon wedges
- 1Coat veal with seasoned flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs, shaking off excess in between, and set aside.
- 2Heat half the olive oil in a large cast-iron frying pan over medium-high heat, add a cotoletta and cook until golden (4 minutes). Turn and add half the butter and half the sage and cook, spooning butter and oil over cotoletta occasionally, until veal is golden and sage is crisp (3 minutes). Remove cotoletta and sage (keep warm), wipe out pan and repeat with remaining ingredients. Serve cotoletta hot, drizzled with pan juices and scattered with crisp sage and sea salt, and with lemon wedges for squeezing.
This recipe is from the March 2013 issue of .
Drink Suggestion: 2011 Greenstone Rosso di Colbo Sangiovese, Heathcote, Vic. Drink suggestion by David Lawler
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- DestinationsMargaret River travel guide: the best places to eatYesterday 10:48pm