- 500 gm picked blue swimmer crab meat
- 100 gm crème fraîche
- Finely grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp finely chopped chives
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 16 slices soft white bread
- For spreading: softened butter
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, thinly sliced into rounds on a mandolin
- To serve: salmon roe
- 1Place crab in a sieve over a bowl and refrigerate to drain well (1 hour).
- 2Meanwhile, whisk crème fraîche, lemon rind and juice, chives and oil in a bowl to combine, season to taste, then add 1 tbsp warm water if necessary to achieve a thin mayonnaise consistency. Stir through crab and refrigerate until required.
- 3Butter one side of half the bread slices, cut three rounds from each slice with a 4.5cm-diameter cutter and top rounds with crab mixture. Butter both sides of remaining bread slices, cut three 4.5cm rounds from each and sandwich crab mixture. Arrange cucumber slices on top, top with salmon roe and serve.