- 2 kg cooked blue swimmer crabs (about 8)
- 6 small green mangoes, cut into julienne
- ¼ Spanish onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (loosely packed) coriander leaves
- 1 long red chilli, seeds removed and cut into julienne
- ½ avocado, finely diced
- To serve: lime wedges
- 1To prepare crab, lift triangular flap underneath the belly and remove, then lift top shell away from body and reserve. Remove gills and yellow ‘mustard’ from crab body, discard, then remove and flake the meat, and transfer to a bowl. Clean top shells in water and dry. Set aside.
- 2To assemble, combine crab meat, mango, onion, coriander and chilli in a bowl and toss gently. Lay top shells upside down on a platter and divide crab mixture evenly between them. Top with avocado and serve with lime wedges.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Chef's RecipesIcebergs' ricotta with white poached quince and honeyYesterday 10:14pm