- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, roughly peeled, alved lengthways and coarsely chopped
- 1 Spanish onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (loosely packed) purslane or caper leaves or small basil leaves (see note)
- 20 sun-dried black olives
- 125 ml olive oil (preferably Cretan),plus extra for drizzling (½ cup)
- 200 gm piece Greek feta piece Greek feta
- ½ tsp dried Greek oregano (see note)
- 1Combine tomato, cucumber, barley rusk, onion, purslane, olives and olive oil in a bowl, season to taste and toss to combine. Arrange on a plate, top with feta, drizzle with extra oil, scatter with Greek oregano and serve.
Note Barley rusks, purslane, caper leaves and Greek oregano are available from select Greek delicatessens. Dried Greek oregano, also known as rigani, is more aromatic than the dried oregano sold in supermarkets; if unavailable, substitute dried oregano.