This side salad goes well with barbecued meats and seafood, especially if they're a little bit spicy. Alternatively, you can blend this into a chilled soup, adding yoghurt to suit your taste.
- 2 telegraph cucumbers, half peeled, seeds removed, thinly sliced
- 140 gm (½ cup) plain natural thick yoghurt such as leban (see note)
- ½ lemon, finely grated rind and juice only
- 1 bunch mint, leaves picked
- 1Combine cucumber and 1 tsp sea salt in a colander, stand until liquid seeps from cucumber (20-30 minutes), squeeze excess moisture from cucumber, transfer to a bowl.
- 2Meanwhile, whisk yoghurt and lemon juice in a bowl to combine. Season to taste with freshly ground black pepper and add to cucumber (see note), stir to combine, transfer to a serving platter and scatter with mint.
Note Leban yoghurt is a thick Middle Eastern yoghurt available from select delicatessens. You can also drizzle the yoghurt over the cucumber for a more polished presentation.