Resist the temptation to add extra gin to this recipe - if you add too much, the mixture won't freeze. You can always add a splash over the top when you serve it. Straws as well as spoons will see that none of it goes to waste.
- 220 gm caster sugar (1 cup)
- 6 lebanese cucumbers, half-peeled, halved and seeds removed
- 1 cup mint (firmly packed)
- 2 tbsp gin, or to taste
- 1Bring sugar and 160ml water to the boil in a saucepan over high heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Boil for 1 minute, then refrigerate until chilled.
- 2Chop cucumber, spread on a tray and freeze until semi-frozen (2-3 hours). Place in a blender, add mint, lemon juice, gin and 1 cup ice cubes and blend until smooth. With the motor running, add sugar syrup a little at a time to taste, then freeze until nearly firm (2-3 hours). Serve in chilled glasses.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Travel NewsNew art collections and shows worth travelling forYesterday 5:58am
- Food NewsGourmet Traveller taste tests McDonald’s Wagyu Beef BurgerYesterday 12:35am