A light dish to graze on all day - you could easily use shop-bought cured trout or smoked salmon too. You'll need to begin this recipe at least 3 days ahead.
- 100 gm good-quality mayonnaise
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- 4 celery stalks, cut into julienne
- 1 baby fennel bulb, cut into julienne
- 2 radishes, cut into julienne
- 1/3 cup flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped (loosely packed)
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- Juice of ½ lemon, or to taste
Cured ocean trout
- 150 gm caster sugar
- 80 gm sea salt
- 1 bunch dill, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp white peppercorns, crushed
- 2 400gm pieces ocean trout fillet, pin-boned, skin on
- 1For cured ocean trout, combine sugar, salt, dill and pepper in a bowl. Place one ocean trout piece on a piece of plastic wrap, scatter salt mixture over, then place remaining ocean trout piece on top. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate on a tray, turning occasionally and discarding excess juices occasionally, until cured (3-5 days).
- 2Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl, season to taste and toss to combine. Serve with thinly sliced ocean trout.