The bitterness of dark chocolate and the earthiness of matcha are a surprisingly good pairing. These are the perfect mouthful to stave off sugar cravings - the challenge is to stop at just one.
- 250 ml cream (1 cup)
- 20 gm matcha powder, sieved, plus extra for dusting
- 500 gm dark chocolate (56% cocoa solids), finely chopped
- 1Bring cream to a simmer in a saucepan, remove from heat, whisk in matcha until smooth, then add 300gm chocolate and stand for 5 minutes. Whisk until smooth, then pour into a container and refrigerate until set (4-5 hours).
- 2Roll heaped tablespoonfuls of chocolate mixture into balls and refrigerate on a tray lined with baking paper until firm (1-1½ hours).
- 3Melt remaining chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water then remove from heat. Dip chocolate balls in melted chocolate, shaking off excess, place on a tray lined with baking paper and dust tops with a pinch of matcha. Refrigerate to set and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesCitrus-cured salmon with horseradish cream and bagelsYesterday 11:00pm
- Fast RecipesChar-grilled capsicum salad with sherry vinaigretteYesterday 11:00pm