- 200 gm dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids), finely chopped
- 80 gm raw caster sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 egg
- 150 ml pouring cream
- 100 gm crème fraîche
- 30 ml chocolate liqueur
- 1Melt chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water.
- 2Meanwhile, combine sugar and 40ml water in a small saucepan, stir over medium-high heat until sugar dissolves, then bring to the boil. Cook until mixture reaches 115C on a sugar thermometer (1 minute).
- 3Meanwhile, whisk yolks and egg in an electric mixer until pale. Whisking continuously, add hot syrup in a thin steady stream down side of bowl, then whisk until cooled to room temperature (15-20 minutes). Fold through chocolate and set aside.
- 4Whisk cream, crème fraîche and liqueur in a bowl to soft peaks, fold into chocolate mixture and refrigerate until chilled and set (30-40 minutes).
Note This recipe makes about 800ml.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesBeef koftas with green couscous and pistachio nutsYesterday 12:00am