- 350 ml moscato
- 1/2 an orange, thinly peeled rind only
- 75 gm (1/3 cup) caster sugar
- 6 gelatine leaves (gold strength), softened in cold water
- 250 gm raspberries (about 2 punnets), plus extra to serve
- 200 gm store-bought sponge cake, cut into 1 to 2cm-thick slices
- 250 ml (1 cup) freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 40 ml Galliano
- 2 eggs, separated
- 4 tbsp caster sugar
- 200 gm mascarpone
- 30 ml brandy
- 1Combine moscato, orange peel and sugar in a pan over medium heat, stir until sugar dissolves (2-3 minutes). Bring to the boil, remove from heat, squeeze excess water from gelatine and add to pan. Stir until gelatine dissolves, then set aside until cool and just starting to set (2-3 hours).
- 2For orange syrup, combine juice and sugar in a pan over a medium heat, stir until sugar dissolves (2-3 minutes). Bring to the boil, remove from heat, add Galliano and set aside to cool.
- 3For mascarpone cream, whisk yolks and half the sugar in an electric mixer until pale and fluffy (8-10 minutes). Fold in mascarpone and brandy and set aside. In a separate bowl, whisk eggwhites and a pinch of salt together until soft peaks form. Gradually add remaining sugar and whisk until thick and glossy, fold into mascarpone mixture and refrigerate until required.
- 4Scatter half the raspberries in the base of a large bowl or 4 small bowls, pour over half the jelly mixture and refrigerate until set (20-30 minutes). Spread over half mascarpone cream mixture and top with a layer of sponge, trimming to fit bowls. Drizzle sponge with orange syrup, repeat layers, finishing with a layer of mascarpone cream. Chill for at least 2 hours and scatter with extra raspberries before serving.
ALSO IN SEASONFRUIT
Bananas, blackcurrants, cherries, gooseberries, loganberries, lychees, mangoes, oranges, passionfruit, pineapples, rambutans, redcurrants, strawberries.
Asparagus, avocados, beans, capsicum, celery, chokos, cucumbers, lettuce, onions, peas, radish, squash, sweetcorn, tomatoes, zucchini, zucchini flowers.
Abalone, blue swimmer crab, flathead, flounder, kingfish, salmon, prawns, snapper, squid, Sydney rock oysters, tuna, whiting.