Think of this devilled ham as a cheat's take on jambon persillade - you get all of the gorgeous piquancy and smokiness without all the hard work. Serve with a wedge of cheddar, cornichons and your favourite bread.
- 500 gm piece of leg ham, shredded or coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp crème fraîche
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 golden shallot, finely diced
- 2 tsp coarsely chopped thyme
- 1Combine ingredients (except cornichons, cheddar and bread) in a bowl, season to taste and press into a jar. Seal and refrigerate for up to 3 days. Serve with cornichons, cheddar and buttered bread.
Drink Suggestion: Pale, dry rosé. Drink suggestion by Max Allen