You will need to begin this recipe the day before.
- 150 gm dried borlotti beans, soaked in cold water overnight
- 50 gm butter
- 1 leek, washed and thinly sliced
- 80 gm pancetta, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1½ litres chicken stock (6 cups)
- 100 gm dried ditalini (see note)
- 100 gm cavolo nero, finely shredded
- 1Place borlotti beans in a saucepan, cover with water and boil for 30 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside.
- 2Heat butter in a large saucepan, add leek, pancetta and garlic and sweat over low heat for 8 minutes or until soft. Add chicken stock, bring to the boil, then add ditalini and simmer for 8 minutes or until al dente. Add cavolo nero and borlotti beans and cook for 5 minutes or until warmed through. Serve drizzled with extra-virgin olive oil and scattered with parmesan.
Note Ditalini is a small pasta typically used in soups. If unavailable, substitute with other soup pasta such as risoni.