This recipe is from chef Donald Link's cookbook Real Cajun.
- 1.8 kg waxy potatoes, such as Nicola, kipfler or Dutch cream, diced
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 1 bunch spring onions, thinly sliced
- 150 gm mayonnaise (½ cup)
- 70 gm wholegrain mustard (¼ cup)
- 2 tbsp coarsely chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1½ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- 1Place potatoes in a large saucepan of cold water, bring to the boil, reduce heat to low and simmer until very tender (20 minutes). Drain, cool to room temperature, transfer to a large bowl and gently crush some with a whisk, leaving some a little chunky. Add remaining ingredients and 1 tbsp sea salt flakes and stir to combine. Season to taste and serve with <b><a href="/recipes/recipe-search/masterclass/2012/10/boo’s-shrimp-and-crab-gumbo/">gumbo</a></b> and rice.