Nostalgic hasselback potatoes not only look impressive but are flavour-packed.
- 2½ tbsp finely chopped rosemary
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 40 gm sea salt flakes
- 8 Desiree or red rascal potatoes (200 gm each), peeled
- 80 gm duck fat, melted
- 1For rosemary salt, combine rosemary, lemon zest and salt in a small bowl.
- 2Preheat oven to 200˚C fan-forced. Thinly slice potatoes crossways just short of cutting through the base. A chopstick placed on either side of the potato helps prevent the knife going all the way through. Place in a large bowl, drizzle with duck fat and toss to combine.
- 3Place potatoes cut-side up in a roasting pan, season with rosemary salt and freshly ground black pepper. Roast potatoes, turning once and basting with fat, until cooked through and golden brown (60 minutes). Serve hot.