You'll need to begin this recipe a day ahead.
- ½ pink grapefruit, plus 20ml freshly squeezed pink grapefruit juice
- 50 ml cherry-infused tequila (see note)
- 20 ml agave syrup (see note)
- 20 ml freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1Rub half the rim of a glass with the pink grapefruit half, then dip in salt, shaking off excess. Combine remaining ingredients in a cocktail shaker, half fill with ice, then cover and shake until well-chilled. Strain into prepared glass and serve.
Note For cherry-infused tequila, pit and muddle 12 cherries, combine with 1 split vanilla bean in 400ml tequila, stand until perfumed and coloured (overnight), then strain. For agave syrup, combine equal parts of agave nectar (available from health-food shops) and water.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Food NewsAnthea Loucas Bosha named CEO of Food and Wine VictoriaYesterday 11:16pm