No time to make the farfalle? No problem. Choose a dried pasta with a rough, almost dusty-looking surface to better hold the sauce.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 zucchini, thinly sliced into rounds
- 4 zucchini flowers, baby zucchini thinly sliced and flowers torn, stamens discarded
- 2 tbsp coarsely chopped roasted hazelnuts
- 2 tbsp coarsely chopped roasted pistachio nuts
- Basil, torn, to serve
- Finely grated parmesan, to serve
Semolina pasta dough
- 300 gm "00" flour, plus extra for dusting (2 cups)
- 75 gm semolina (½ cup)
- 4 eggs
- 200 ml milk
- 300 gm Gorgonzola dolcelatte, crumbled
- 1For pasta dough, process ingredients and a pinch of salt in a food processor until a dough forms. Add a couple of teaspoons of water if necessary to bring it together. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth (2-3 minutes). Cover with plastic wrap and leave to rest for 30-40 minutes.
- 2Divide pasta dough into 6 and, working with a piece at a time (keep remaining covered), roll through a pasta machine on the widest setting a few times, folding as you go, to laminate the dough, then dust with a little flour to prevent sticking. Continue rolling and folding, reducing settings notch by notch until pasta is a long thin sheet. Cut sheet lengthways into 3 strips about 2.5cm wide, then cut strips into 5cm pieces. Pinch each piece in the middle to form a bow and set aside on a lightly floured tray. Repeat with remaining pasta dough.
- 3For Gorgonzola fonduta, bring milk to the boil, then stir in Gorgonzola until melted (1-2 minutes). Blend with a hand-held blender until smooth, season to taste and keep warm.
- 4Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add sliced zucchini, including baby zucchini, and fry until golden (2-4 minutes).
- 5Cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling salted water until al dente (3-4 minutes). Drain, reserving some pasta water. Add pasta and 1 tbsp reserved water to zucchini. Serve topped with fonduta, zucchini flowers, nuts, basil and parmesan.
Drink Suggestion: Orange skin-contact malvasia Drink suggestion by Max Allen
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Food & CultureEverything you need to know about Parasite’s “ram-don”Yesterday 12:00am