You can transport the farro mixture dressed, but toss the herbs through at the last minute for freshness.
- 300 gm farro (see note)
- 4 corn cobs, husks removed
- 60 ml olive oil (1/3 cup)
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced diagonally
- Juice of 2 limes, or to taste
- Juice of 1 lemon, or to taste
- 1 cup each flat-leaf parsley and mint, torn (firmly packed)
- 1Cook farro in boiling water over high heat until tender (15-20 minutes). Drain well, then spread over a tray to cool and dry (15 minutes). Transfer to a large bowl and set aside.
- 2Meanwhile, heat a char-grill pan over high heat. Brush corn with 2 tsp oil, season to taste and grill, turning occasionally, until tender and charred (15-30 minutes). Set aside to cool slightly, then remove kernels with a knife and transfer to farro.
- 3Add spring onion, juices and remaining oil to farro mixture, season to taste. Just before serving, toss through herbs.
Note Farro is a grain available from select delicatessens and Italian grocers.
Drink Suggestion: Full-bodied, heady viognier. Drink suggestion by Max Allen
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesCasarecce with pork sausage, cavolo nero and chilliYesterday 6:00am