- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 60 gm butter, coarsely chopped
- 4 golden shallots, finely chopped
- 1 leek, white part only, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 160 gm farro
- 3 prosciutto slices, thinly sliced
- 500 ml hot chicken stock
- 200 gm assorted mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tbsp crème fraîche
- 50 gm finely grated parmesan, plus extra to serve
- 50 gm button or Swiss brown mushrooms, shaved on a mandolin
- 1Heat olive oil and 20gm butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add shallot, leek and garlic and stir until tender (5 minutes), add farro and prosciutto and stir for 1 minute to coat grains. Reduce heat to medium, then gradually add stock a ladleful at a time, stirring until all is absorbed before adding the next ladleful, until grains are tender and stock is absorbed (25-30 minutes).
- 2Meanwhile, heat remaining butter in a frying pan over high heat until foaming, add chopped mushrooms, stir until golden and tender (3-5 minutes) and add to risotto.
- 3Add crème fraîche and parmesan to risotto, stir until thickened slightly (2 minutes), then season to taste and serve scattered with shaved raw mushroom and extra parmesan.
This recipe is from the March 2012 issue of .
Drink Suggestion: Light red cabernet franc. Drink suggestion by Max Allen
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesCitrus-cured salmon with horseradish cream and bagelsYesterday 11:00pm
- Fast RecipesChar-grilled capsicum salad with sherry vinaigretteYesterday 11:00pm