Taking our cue from the classic British combo of fish and chips with mushy peas, we've made a summer friendly minty pea mayo to team with trevalla.
- 4 skinless fillets blue-eye trevalla (about 130gm each)
- 2 baby cos hearts, halved
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- Finely grated rind of ½ lemon, plus 1 extra lemon, halved, to serve
- 4 soft wholemeal buns, halved
- Mint leaves, to serve
Minty pea mayo
- 300 gm frozen peas, defrosted
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- Finely grated rind and juice of ½ lemon
- 100 gm mayonnaise
- 1For minty pea mayo, pulse peas, garlic, spring onion and rind in a food processor until chopped, transfer to a bowl, stir in mayonnaise and season to taste. Just before serving, stir in lemon juice.
- 2Bring a barbecue to medium-high heat. Drizzle fish and cut sides of cos hearts with olive oil, scatter fish with lemon rind and season fish and lettuce to taste. Grill fish, turning once, until browned and cooked through (3-4 minutes each side) and rest briefly. Grill lettuce and lemon halves cut-side down until charred (1-2 minutes).
- 3Grill cut sides of buns, generously spread bases with minty pea mayo, and top with fish (break fish into large flakes if the fillets are thick), a lettuce heart and mint, season to taste, sandwich with tops and serve with charred lemon.
Drink Suggestion: A perfumed sauvignon blanc. Drink suggestion by Max Allen