- 4 ocean trout fillets (about 200gm each)
- 60 ml (¼ cup) extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for greasing
- 4 blood oranges, thinly sliced
- 2 baby fennel bulbs, thinly sliced on a mandolin
- ½ cup (loosely packed) flat-leaf parsley, torn
- ½ cup (loosely packed) mint, torn
- ½ white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C. Place trout, skin-side up, on a lightly greased oven tray. Drizzle trout with 1 tbsp oil, season to taste, and roast until cooked to your liking (5-6 minutes for medium-rare).
- 2Combine all remaining ingredients in a bowl, toss to coat and season to taste. Flake trout on top to serve.
Drink suggestion: Textural orange wine. Drink suggestion by Max Allen.