- 1 qty <a href="http://www.gourmettraveller.com.au/pizza-dough.htm">pizza dough</a>
- 400 gm Fontina, coarsely grated
- 300 gm Asiago d’allevo, coarsely grated (see note)
- 150 gm Gorgonzola dolce latte, crumbled
- 200 gm fior di latte or buffalo mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch sage leaves
- To serve: extra-virgin olive oil
- 1On a lightly floured work surface roll out a quarter of the dough to a 25cm round. Scatter a quarter of the cheeses over the base, and top with a quarter of the sage. Cook on a preheated pizza stone (see note) or a heavy oven tray at 250C for 10 minutes or until golden. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Serve immediately drizzled with olive oil.
Note Asiago d'allevo is a hard, granular grating cheese and is available from select cheese stores. Pizza stones, which ensure crisp-based pizza, are available from Italian delicatessens and food stores.
This recipe is from the May 2006 issue of Australian Gourmet Traveller.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- ExplainersHow to make fresh pasta (it's easier than you think)Yesterday 3:00am