- 1.2 kg chicken wings
- 150 gm cornflour (1 cup)
- For deep-frying: vegetable oil
- 4 red shallots, finely chopped
- ¼ cup finely chopped coriander leaves
- 1 long green chilli, finely chopped
- To serve: lime wedges
- 1Using a sharp knife, remove wing tips (and reserve for chicken stock, if desired). Halve wings at joints, place into a large bowl, add cornflour and toss to evenly coat.
- 2Heat oil in a large deep saucepan or deep-fryer to 180C. Cook chicken, in batches, for 5 minutes or until lightly golden. Drain on absorbent paper, place in a bowl, season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground white pepper, add shallots, coriander and chilli, toss to combine and serve with lime wedges.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Food NewsThe Melbourne bakery that pipes fresh cannoli to orderYesterday 4:00am