You can add as many extra accompaniments here as you like.
- 80 ml canola oil (1/3 cup)
- 16 eggs
- 1 quantity <b><a href='/recipes/recipe-search/masterclass/2011/2/tortillas/'>tortillas</a></b>
- 4 ripe avocados, sliced
- 1 cup coriander, coarsely torn (firmly packed)
- 6 spring onions (green part only), finely chopped
- 8 small red chillies, finely chopped
- To serve: hot sauce and quartered limes
- Optional: crumbled feta, crushed fried pork rind (chicharrón), crushed peanuts, chopped kimchi, slivers of fried chorizo, sautéed prawns, sliced pickled shallot, oyster sauce and sriracha mayonnaise, to serve
- 1Heat 20ml oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add 4 eggs, fry until cooked to your liking (2-2½ minutes for soft yolk), season to taste, set aside and keep warm. Repeat with remaining oil and eggs.
- 2Place eggs on tortillas, top with avocado, coriander, spring onion and chilli (and any optional extras) and serve warm, with hot sauce and lime quarters.