These crunchy pickles are great on their own and also work well as crudités for dips such as hummus, or with fresh goat's curd.
- 2 bunches breakfast radishes
- 250 ml (1 cup) Champagne or white wine vinegar
- 150 gm caster sugar
- 90 gm (¼ cup) honey
- 3 bunches assorted baby carrots, peeled and tops trimmed
- 1For pickled carrots, bring vinegar, sugar, honey and a pinch of salt to a simmer in a saucepan, stirring to dissolve sugar. Place carrots in a large bowl, add pickling mixture and stand, tossing occasionally, until cooled, then refrigerate and toss occasionally until lightly pickled (2 hours).
- 2Drain carrots, reserving a little liquid, and serve with breakfast radishes and a little pickling liquid.