Call it a soft sorbet if you will, but we think of it as a very grown-up slushie.
- 80 gm liquid glucose
- 450 ml sugar syrup (see note)
- 300 ml lemon or lime juice
- 40 ml gin, plus extra to serve
- 1Combine glucose and 450ml water in a saucepan and stir over medium heat to dissolve. Add sugar syrup, cool completely, add juice and gin, refrigerate until chilled, then churn in an ice-cream machine. Garnish with rose petals and serve with a drop or two of rosewater and extra gin to taste.
Note To make sugar syrup, combine equal parts caster sugar and water in a saucepan over medium heat, stir to dissolve sugar, bring just to the boil, then cool.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- DestinationsMade in India: the designers and makers of BengaluruYesterday 4:59am