- 880 gm (4 cups) caster sugar
- 100 gm ginger, finely grated
- 3 mint sprigs, plus extra to serve
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, seeds removed, plus extra, thinly sliced, to serve
- Juice of 2 limes, plus extra, sliced, to serve
- To serve: chilled ginger beer
- To serve: Pimms, optional
- 1Combine sugar and 750ml water in a saucepan, stir over medium-high heat until sugar dissolves. Add ginger and mint, bring to the boil, reduce heat to medium and simmer until infused and a light syrup forms (8-10 minutes), remove from heat.
- 2Meanwhile, process cucumber in a food processor until finely chopped, add to syrup and refrigerate until cool. Strain through a fine sieve, pressing on solids to extract liquid (discard solids), add lime juice, then refrigerate until required. Makes about 1 litre.
- 3To serve, pour chilled syrup into glasses, top up with ginger beer to taste, and garnish with cucumber ribbons, lime slices and mint sprigs.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Food NewsFarmer is a new cookbook raising funds for the droughtYesterday 12:00am