- 3 bunches asparagus (about 24 stalks)
- 8 baby leeks, trimmed
- For drizzling: olive oil
- 300 gm crème fraîche
- ¼ cup each basil and flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped (loosely packed)
- 2 tbsp thyme
- Finely grated rind of 1 lemon, juice of ½
- 60 gm pecorino pepato, plus extra to serv
- 12 eggs, at room temperature
- 120 gm goat’s curd
- 1Preheat oven to 180C. Blanch asparagus until bright green (30 seconds-1 minute), drain, refresh and set aside. Blanch leeks in salted water until bright green (1 minute), drain, refresh and set aside.
- 2Preheat a char-grill pan over high heat. Drizzle asparagus and leeks with olive oil, season to taste and grill, turning occasionally, until charred (2-3 minutes). Cool slightly, and when cool enough to touch, cut in half widthways and scatter in a shallow 2.2-litre baking dish, then set aside.
- 3Whisk crème fraîche, herbs, lemon rind and juice, pecorino and 5 eggs in a bowl to combine, season to taste, pour into dish, then crack remaining eggs into dish. Scatter with goat’s curd and extra pecorino, bake until golden and puffed (20-25 minutes), serve warm.
Drink Suggestion: Sparkling Vouvray, made with chenin blanc from the Loire Valley. Drink suggestion by Max Allen
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Travel NewsNew art collections and shows worth travelling forYesterday 5:58am
- Food NewsGourmet Traveller taste tests McDonald’s Wagyu Beef BurgerYesterday 12:35am