We like this salad for brunch or lunch, but if you find it's not breakfasty enough, just top it with a fried or poached egg.
- 100 gm (½ cup) small green lentils
- 600 gm mixed Roman and green beans, trimmed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 radishes, coarsely chopped
- Handful of flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- Lemon halves, to serve
Green tahini dressing
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 150 ml olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup mixed coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley and coriander
- 1Cook lentils in a large saucepan of boiling water until tender (20-25 minutes), drain well and cool. Lentils can be cooked a day ahead; refrigerate them with a little cooking water to prevent them drying out.
- 2Meanwhile, heat a barbecue or char-grill pan to high heat. Toss beans with olive oil, season to taste and grill, turning occasionally, until charred and tender (3-5 minutes). Transfer to a bowl.
- 3For green tahini dressing, blend ingredients in a small food processor until combined. (Add 2-3 tbsp water to loosen if necessary.) Season to taste.
- 4For green tahini dressing,blend ingredients in a small food processor until combined. (Add 2-3 tbsp water to loosen if necessary.) Season to taste.
- 5Add lentils, radish, parsley and tahini dressing to beans, toss gently to combine and serve with lemon halves.
Drink Suggestion: Rich golden cidre from Brittany.
Drink suggestion by Max Allen