This fresh, light salad is all about the chicken. It works well for a barbecue, tossed together with the chicken hot off the grill. The dressing is even better when it's left to stand for an hour or two.
- 2 skinless chicken breasts (400 gm)
- Grapeseed oil, for brushing
- 2 peaches, cut into wedges
- 1 oak leaf lettuce, torn
- 1 large avocado, cut into thin wedges
- ½ Spanish onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (firmly packed) basil leaves, plus extra to serve
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 60 ml lemon juice (¼ cup)
- 100 ml extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra to serve
- 1Heat a char-grill or barbecue to high. Brush chicken with oil and grill, turning occasionally, until cooked through (12-15 minutes). Cool briefly (5 minutes), then thickly slice or tear into shreds.
- 2For basil dressing, process ingredients in a blender until just smooth, then season to taste.
- 3Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl. Add chicken and a little dressing, toss gently to combine and season to taste. Divide salad among bowls, drizzle with extra dressing and olive oil, scatter with basil leaves and serve.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesBeef koftas with green couscous and pistachio nutsYesterday 12:00am