This fresh, light salad is all about the chicken. It works well for a barbecue, tossed together with the chicken hot off the grill. The dressing is even better when it's left to stand for an hour or two.
- 2 skinless chicken breasts (400 gm)
- Grapeseed oil, for brushing
- 2 peaches, cut into wedges
- 1 oak leaf lettuce, torn
- 1 large avocado, cut into thin wedges
- ½ Spanish onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (firmly packed) basil leaves, plus extra to serve
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 60 ml lemon juice (¼ cup)
- 100 ml extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra to serve
- 1Heat a char-grill or barbecue to high. Brush chicken with oil and grill, turning occasionally, until cooked through (12-15 minutes). Cool briefly (5 minutes), then thickly slice or tear into shreds.
- 2For basil dressing, process ingredients in a blender until just smooth, then season to taste.
- 3Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl. Add chicken and a little dressing, toss gently to combine and season to taste. Divide salad among bowls, drizzle with extra dressing and olive oil, scatter with basil leaves and serve.