- 4 beef intercostals
- 250 gm charcoal noodles (see note)
- To serve: toasted sesame seeds
Soy, sesame and ginger dressing
- 80 ml light soy sauce (1/3 cup)
- 1½ tsp finely grated ginger
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp Chinkiang vinegar (see note)
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- 1Grill steaks over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until cooked to your liking (15-20 minutes for medium). Set aside to rest (10 minutes).
- 2Cook noodles in a saucepan of boiling water until al dente (2-3 minutes), then drain, refresh in cold water and drain well. Set aside.
- 3For soy, sesame and ginger dipping sauce, stir ingredients in a bowl with 1 tbsp water.
- 4Serve noodles topped with sliced intercostals and soy dressing and scattered with sesame seeds.
Note Charcoal noodles are available from select delicatessens, or substitute soba noodles. Chinkiang, a Chinese black rice vinegar, is available from Asian grocers.
Drink Suggestion: Nutty Amontillado Sherry Drink suggestion by Max Allen