- 50 gm flaked almonds
- 2 yellow peaches, halved
- 40 gm butter, melted
- 60 ml sweet sherry
Apricot delight ice-cream
- 200 gm apricot delight (see note)
- 450 gm vanilla bean ice-cream, just softened
- 1For apricot delight ice-cream, combine apricot delight and 80ml water in a small saucepan. Stir over medium heat until a sauce consistency (3-5 minutes). Transfer to a bowl placed over ice and stir until cool, then add ice-cream and fold through to form a ripple effect. Freeze until required.
- 2Meanwhile, preheat oven to 180C. Scatter almonds on an oven tray and bake until golden (3-5 minutes). Set aside to cool.
- 3Meanwhile, preheat a grill over high heat until smoking. Brush cut-side of peaches with melted butter and grill, turning once, until golden (1-2 minutes each side). Transfer to a bowl, add sherry and stand for flavours to meld (5-10 minutes). Serve warm with apricot delight ice-cream and toasted almonds.
Note Apricot delight is a confection available from select health-food shops, delicatessens and supermarkets.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesBeef koftas with green couscous and pistachio nutsYesterday 12:00am