These carrots are the perfect accompaniment to the <a href="/chicken-roasted-in-spiced-hay-with-lemon-stuffing.htm">chicken roasted in spiced hay</a>.
- 1 tbsp tarragon leaves, plus extra sprigs to serve
- 500 gm mixed heirloom carrots (about 3 bunches), trimmed, one-third of the leaves reserved and washed
- 60 ml extra-virgin olive oil (¼ cup)
- 1Pound tarragon leaves and 1 tbsp sea salt in a mortar and pestle until finely ground (1-2 minutes), set aside.
- 2Halve carrots lengthways and cook in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until tender (3-4 minutes), then drain. Arrange on a plate with carrot leaves, scatter with tarragon salt to taste and serve hot, drizzled with olive oil and scattered with extra tarragon sprigs.
This recipe is from the May 2012 issue of . Drink suggestion by Matthew Dunne