We are big fans of adding fruit to salads. The sweetness makes a lovely contrast to the savoury flavours, and here peaches work really well with the prosciutto. Bring the prosciutto to room temperature before serving to get the full flavour and, if you feel like it, you can add torn mozzarella to the salad, too.
- 2 cups (loosely packed) small frisée leaves
- ½ cup (loosely packed) each dill, chervil, basil, mint, tarragon, parsley and chives, cut into 4cm lengths
- 2 golden shallots, thinly sliced
- 3 ripe peaches, cut into wedges
- 6 prosciutto slices
- 60 ml extra-virgin olive oil (¼ cup)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 1For mustard dressing, whisk ingredients in a bowl to combine. Season to taste and set aside.
- 2Combine frisée and herbs in a bowl with shallot, drizzle with dressing, season to taste and toss to combine.
- 3Scatter peaches and prosciutto over a platter, top with herb salad and serve.
This recipe is from the March 2013 issue of .