These little mushrooms are simple to make and so tasty. They can be made ahead of time and are just as good at room temperature as they are warm.
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 500 gm (about 18) cup mushrooms, stalks finely chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 35 gm (½ cup) fresh sourdough breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tbsp coarsely chopped thyme leaves
- 1Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat, then sauté mushroom stalks and garlic until fragrant (1-2 minutes). Add breadcrumbs and stir until golden brown (4-5 minutes). Remove from heat, add herbs, season to taste and set aside.
- 2Preheat oven to 180C. Place mushrooms cup-side up on an oven tray, spoon breadcrumb mixture into each, then drizzle with oil and roast until mushrooms are tender (8-10 minutes). Serve warm or at room temperature.
Drink Suggestion: White Bordeaux. Drink suggestion by Max Allen