- 80 gm pine nuts
- 12 thin rashers of belly bacon
- 2 iceberg lettuces, cut into wedges
- 1 cup (firmly packed) mixed torn herbs, such as chopped chives, dill sprigs and flat-leaf parsley
- 160 ml buttermilk
- 50 ml lemon juice
- 50 ml mild-flavoured extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 heaped tbsp finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1Preheat oven to 200C. Roast pine nuts on an oven tray, shaking occasionally, until light golden (5-7 minutes). Cool on tray, stirring occasionally.
- 2Roast bacon on a tray lined with baking paper, turning occasionally, until crisp and golden (about 20 minutes). Set aside to cool, then break into shards and set aside.
- 3For buttermilk dressing, shake ingredients well in a sealed jar, season to taste and refrigerate until required.
- 4To serve, arrange lettuce in a large bowl, drizzle with dressing, then scatter with bacon, pine nuts and herbs.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Chef's RecipesIcebergs' ricotta with white poached quince and honeyYesterday 10:14pm