- 1 iceberg lettuce, cut into rough wedges
- To serve: parmesan, finely grated
- 80 ml lemon juice (1/3 cup)
- 10 anchovy fillets
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 egg yolk
- 200 ml mild-flavoured extra-virgin olive oil
- 1For anchovy dressing, process lemon juice, anchovies, garlic and egg yolk in a blender to combine. Remove small inner lid from top of blender to reduce possible spray and, with motor running, gradually add oil in a thin, steady stream until incorporated and dressing is thickened to the consistency of pouring cream. Season to taste and refrigerate until required.
- 2Arrange iceberg wedges on a platter or in bowls, drizzle with anchovy dressing, scatter with parmesan and serve.