"This is a refreshing kick to start the day," says Aaron Turner.
- 1 litre hot strong-brewed tea (4 cups)
- 2 lemons, halved, sliced
- 375 ml prosecco
- 200 ml ginger beer
- 125 ml gin (Turner uses Hendrick’s)
- 100 ml Domaine de Canton ginger liqueur (see note)
- 2 limes, halved, sliced
- ½ cup mint leaves (firmly packed)
- 1Combine hot tea and one-quarter of the lemon slices in a jug and set aside to infuse and cool (30-40 minutes). Strain into a bottle (discard lemon) and refrigerate until required.
- 2Half-fill 2 large jugs with ice and pour lemon-infused tea over. Divide remaining liquids between jugs and stir well. Half-fill glasses with ice, pour iced tea over, garnish with lime, mint and remaining lemon and serve.
Note Domaine de Canton ginger liqueur is available at select bottle shops and Dan Murphy's.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- DestinationsMade in India: the designers and makers of BengaluruYesterday 4:59am