- 6 organic white tea bags
- 2 bunches of mint
- 250 gm caster sugar
- 2 tbsp rosewater, or to taste
- To serve: raspberry ice cubes (see note)
- 1Bring 1.5 litres water to just below the boil in a saucepan. Add tea bags and half the mint, remove from heat and set aside to infuse (20 minutes). Remove tea bags (discard) and refrigerate until chilled (1-1½ hours), then remove mint (discard).
- 2Meanwhile, combine sugar and 150ml water in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring to dissolve sugar, simmer for 5 minutes, then remove from heat, stir through rosewater and refrigerate until cool.
- 3Fill tumblers with raspberry ice cubes, divide syrup and remaining mint to taste among glasses, top with chilled tea and serve.
Note Makes about 1.5 litres. To make raspberry ice cubes, place one raspberry in each ice cube mould, fill with water and freeze until solid.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Restaurant NewsSurf’s up: Three Blue Ducks is coming to MelbourneYesterday 11:00pm