- 2 tbsp duck fat or butter
- 2 kg baby Nicola potatoes
- ½ bunch of thyme
- To garnish: mustard cress
Mustard and garlic crème fraîche
- 1 head of garlic, cloves separated
- 200 ml crème fraîche
- 1 tbsp hot English mustard
- 1Preheat oven to 190C. Heat fat in a roasting pan, add potatoes, season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, scatter with thyme and roast for 40 minutes or until tender.
- 2For mustard and garlic crème fraîche, place garlic on an oven tray. Roast for 30 minutes or until soft. Squeeze garlic from skins, combine with crème fraîche and mustard, season to taste and stir to combine. Store in an airtight jar in the refrigerator until needed.
- 3Cut a cross at the top of each potato, squeeze base to open, top with a dollop of crème fraîche mixture and some mustard cress, and serve immediately.