Radicchio are available all year; substitute witlof if you can't find any that are in good shape.
- ½ small white cabbage (about 1kg), shredded
- 1 radicchio, shredded
- 8 radishes, thinly sliced
- ½ Spanish onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup each torn dill and parsley (loosely packed)
- 35 gm (¼ cup) hazelnuts, roasted, skins rubbed, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds (optional)
- 1 garlic clove, coarsely chopped
- 1½ tbsp sherry vinegar
- 3 egg yolks
- 375 ml (1½ cups) olive oil
- 20 ml dry sherry, or to taste
- 1Combine cabbage, radicchio and radish in a bowl of iced water, stand until crisp (5-10 minutes).
- 2Meanwhile, for sherry dressing, process garlic, vinegar and yolks in a food processor until combined. With motor running, add oil in a thin steady stream until thick and emulsified, stir through sherry, season to taste.
- 3Drain cabbage mixture, dry in a salad spinner, add to a bowl with onion. Add sherry dressing, toss to combine, transfer to a serving bowl, scatter with herbs, nuts and seeds.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesCitrus-cured salmon with horseradish cream and bagelsYesterday 11:00pm
- Fast RecipesChar-grilled capsicum salad with sherry vinaigretteYesterday 11:00pm