- 12 thin slices ciabatta or schiacchiata
- For drizzling: extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 300 gm sashimi-quality kingfish, cut into 5mm dice
- 2 inner celery stalks, stalks thinly sliced, leaves coarsely torn
- ½ tbsp coarsely torn mint
- Juice of ½ lemon, or to taste
- 100 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced on a mandolin
- Finely grated rind of 1 lemon
- 1Preheat oven to 180C. Lay bread slices on an oven tray, drizzle with a little olive oil, season to taste and bake, turning occasionally, until golden and crisp (4-5 minutes). Rub with cut-sides of garlic and set aside.
- 2For chilli-garlic oil, heat oil in a small saucepan over medium heat, add chilli, cook until slightly darkened (1-2 minutes), add garlic, stir to combine and cook until light golden (1 minute). Remove from heat, add lemon rind, season to taste and set aside to cool.
- 3Combine kingfish, celery stalks, celery leaves and mint in a bowl with 1 tbsp chilli-garlic oil, add lemon juice, season to taste and stir to combine. Pile on top of crostini, drizzle with extra chilli-garlic oil and serve.
This recipe is from the March 2013 issue of .
Drink Suggestion: Crisp young dry riesling. Drink suggestion by Max Allen
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- DestinationsA year-round travel guide to Austria's western AlpsYesterday 12:00am