- 500 gm sashimi-grade kingfish, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp aji Amarillo paste (see note)
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 400 gm royal blue potatoes (see note)
- 2½ tbsp aji Amarillo paste (see note)
- 60 ml olive oil (¼ cup)
- 2 limes, juice only
- 1For causa, peel potatoes and boil in salted water until tender, then, while still warm, mash potatoes in a large bowl, add aji Amarillo, olive oil, lime juice, season to taste with sea salt and combine until smooth. Cool, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until required. When ready to serve, use the palms of your hands to form tablespoons of mixture into small balls.
- 2Arrange kingfish on a platter and refrigerate until ready to use. Combine aji amarillo paste and lime juice in a small bowl, season to taste and mix well. Drizzle marinade over kingfish and serve with causa.
Note Aji Amarillo is a yellow-orange Peruvian chilli with a fruity flavour, available as a purée from www.bgtrading.com.au. Royal blue potatoes are purple-skinned and excellent for mashing. They're available from Fratelli Fresh and select greengrocers. If unavailable substitute with a good mashing potato.
Drink Suggestion: Sake. Drink suggestion by Max Allen